MINI TRANSAT 6.50
THE ATLANTIC IN SOLITARY
THE RACE In 1977 the Mini Transat 6,50 was born as a response to the exorbitant budget required to take part in an ocean race.
The nascent class allows participation in these sporting events with limited costs and minimal boats, adequately prepared to cross the Atlantic Ocean alone from Europe to the Caribbean.
Over time the class, born mainly for giving amateurs the chance to fulfill their lifelong dream
becomes the first step for all professionals who want to dedicate themselves to ocean competitions.
The French class manages with great balance to keep costs low for those looking for the experience of a whole life, becoming the most classic and exciting regatta of ocean sailing. It is divided into two categories, series and prototypes, becoming the latter the laboratory of all design innovations in the field of regattas and recreational boating. The “Mini” spirit romantically evokes the great regattas of the past, small budgets and big fans who are looking for a simple lifestyle linked to the values of the sea and sailing
The Transat 6.50 is considered today among the largest existing races: 4200 miles in the Atlantic waves with boats of six and a half meters, without external assistance and with the ban on communicating with the mainland. A month of sailing alone between sky and sea, sometimes in harsh conditions; an extreme challenge to the limit of human psychophysical possibilities.
Every two years 85 boats cut the starting line in France to cross the ocean and complete the crossing. The rules are simple: a man, a boat, the ocean. The start of the regatta in France attracts groups of people and enthusiasts who greet the navigators before their great leap into solitude, in contact only with the natural elements
THE CAREER OF LORENZO GAROSI
- KIPAWA 1938, 10 Meters International tonnage (from 2006-2010)
- NATALIA, Swan 42 (from 2009 – 2015)
- MADIFRA, Carter 37 (from 2009-2015)
- BONA FIDE,8 Meter International Tonnage(2012)
- ENERGY SOLUTION, Fat 26 (2012)
- FLYING TIGER 7,50 (2011)
- DURLINDANA, Farr 60 (from 2014-2016)
- CIPPALIPPA, Cookson 50, (2016)
- ULIKA, Swan 45 ( from 2016-2017)
- ULIKA, Swan 50 ( from 2017- in corso)
- ARC , second place, Durlindana (2015)
- Heineken Regatta, St Marteen, Second place, Durlindana (2016)
- Campionato Europeo Orc, Trofeo S.M. La Reina, First place, Natalia
- Middle Sea Race, First place ORC, Second place IRC , Cippa Lippa(2016)
- Campionato Europeo, Third place, Cippa Lippa Rossa
- Campionato invernale, Madifra First classified (2014)
Lorenzo has had a lot of experience with crew, long sailings and regattas of all types; now it’s time to test yourself, alone, with the blue in front of you.
His primary desire now is to try a new experience, that of solo sailing that has always fascinated him since he was a child, when he followed the adventures of great solitary sailors.
His biggest dream is to sail on an Imoca 60, but to make the big dreams come true, you have to start climbing the small steps.
The Mini Transat is the first step towards this bigger project.
|PESO BULBO||439 kg|
|INTERNAL HEIGHT||1.42 m|